In CORELCLUB.org ( The Spanish speaking CorelDRAW Community since 1996 ) we interviewed Resa Embutin (Philippines), the graphic artist behind the new CorelDRAW 2022 splash screen. But, to make it available to all CorelDRAW Community, I also publish it here in English language:

CORELCLUB.org (CC)  interview to RESA EMBUTIN ( RS)

CC> How long have you been using CorelDRAW? Which was your first CorelDRAW version?
RE> The first version of CorelDRAW that I used was CorelDraw X6 way back in 2012.

CC> How did you come across CorelDRAW?
RE> It was in the 2nd year of my multimedia arts class in University that I came across CorelDRAW. It was part of the class and it was the first time that I was able to create art digitally.

CC> What kind of designs do you create in CorelDRAW? Do you create the illustrations for your murals in CorelDRAW?
RE> I am a freelance graphic artist and mural artist for various types of clients ranging from small local businesses to large scale companies. I also work as an offsite illustrator for Canva,a graphic design platform, creating assets for their library. All of the design processes for these different types of work are always done in CorelDRAW.

CC> Why do you prefer to work with CorelDRAW instead of working with other vector design software like Adobe Illustrator?
RE> I’ve been learning other software recently to fully utilize your potential as an artist. Being versatile in this industry matters. But CorelDRAW has been a huge part of my career as a creative. I’ve been using it for over 10 years, basically growing up with it, and it feels the most comfortable setup to work with. Navigating CorelDraw is like second nature to me and I can design faster and efficiently.

CC> Which are your favorite CorelDRAW tools or features?
RE> I find CorelDRAW accessible and it doesn’t eat up a great amount of computing power compared to other software. Creating vector art is much easier and faster no matter the complexity.  I also like that CorelDRAW can read and export files types from other software with ease and fewer errors. It was so convenient for me that I used to teach it to kids in workshops and tutorial sessions as an introduction to digital art.

CC> Could you describe the process you follow to create your vector artwork? What are the tools you use most?
RE> My usual process for creating an artwork starts from sketching by pencil and paper, taking a picture then importing to CorelDRAW to trace it over creating the outline then adding details later. My favorite tool is the 3-Point Curve Tool where I can make precise object shapes. I also like the alignment hotkeys and the ability to have an intuitive work space where you can have multiple objects on a single page like a virtual drafting table.

CC> Which tools or new features would you like to see in future versions of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite?
RE> I hope to see more available default vector textures and text effects.

CC> Any advice to CorelDRAW users who want to improve their vector illustration skills?
RE> Never be afraid to experiment. Even though vector art is its own kind of medium, there is more that it can offer. Vector art can have a lot of variations too. I have been working with vector art throughout the years but it was just in the recent years I became comfortable with an art style. Also, learn about color theory! Colors are very important for your style direction.

The full interview with images is published in Spanish here:

http://www.corelclub.org/resa-embutin-arte-vectorial-coreldraw/

El post original en el CORELCLUB.org con la entrevista en español a la artista grafica Resa Embutin está aquí > http://www.corelclub.org/resa-embutin-arte-vectorial-coreldraw/

Anonymous
Parents
No Data
Comment
  • $core_v2_ui.GetResizedImageHtml($comment.User.AvatarUrl, 44, 44, "%{border='0px', alt=$comment.User.DisplayName, ResizeMethod='ZoomAndCrop'}")
    $core_v2_ui.UserPresence($comment.User.Id) $comment.User.DisplayName over 2023 years ago
    This comment is under review.
Children
No Data