As previously mentioned in the CorelDRAW Community Announcements blog, we have been hard at work with a major upgrade to the CorelDRAW Community, as well as the Office Community and the Painter Community. That major upgrade is expected to happen next Tuesday, November 18, 2014 and we are expecting the community sites to be unavailable for most of that day as we do the upgrade. The main new changes will be: 

• Full responsive design of the site, so that it looks great on your desktop and your mobile device.
  • Compatible with the latest generations of web browsers
  • Clean & fresh new look and feel with a focus on your content
  • Capability of replying to email notifications when subscribing to forum posts

Anything you've posted in the past, as well as your accounts and galleries, will be transitioned over seamlessly.

Here is a screenshot of our development environment (it's close to how it will look when we will go live):

If you go to the same page from your favourite smartphone (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, ...), here is how the community will look:

Yes, this means that you will now be able to keep up-to-date with the community from any smartphone, not only iOS where we had a dedicated app previously. On that subject, our iPhone app to access the community will no longer be working and will no longer be available going forward.

The other change is that we will be replacing the support for NNTP access to the forums with the capability of replying to the email notifications. If you subscribe to a specific forum or discussion, you will get email notifications automatically, and you will simply be able to reply from your email client. This feature might not be available day one, but will come shortly after we go live with the new community site. The NNTP access to the community will stop on Monday November 17, 2014 in order for us to get ready with the upgrade on Tuesday.

There are many more new things we will be able to do over time with the new Community Site, and we are looking forward to the next 100,000 members! 

Parents
No Data
Comment
  • Sorry Gérard but this doesn't look good at all.

NNTP gave me a fast and easy way to see what was new, in all groups I subscribed to.

It was also very easy to see if there were any new posts in threads where I had been active.

My first impression is that this forum has been created to look good, without thinking about usability.

I'm afraid I am moving from being a helper to simply go here the times I need help myself. :-(

Children
No Data