One of the requests that we've received on a regular basis has been for a CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT viewer. This has always been a very interesting point of discussion internally regarding how we could do this. Good news: With CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4, there now is a viewer... and here is the detail on how to get it: Simply download and install the trial version.

The trial version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 enables you to test the full version for 15 days. Once the trial period is over, the application will automatically convert itself into a Viewer, disabling all output features such as save, print, ... You will still be able to use the product, but you won't be able to save your creations. This means that you can keep the trial on your computer if you need to view CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT files on a regular basis without the need to print / save these documents.

Gérard 

• Its great to have a Corel viewer.

But normally, Viewers are used on computers where the parent software is not available. With such a huge download I doubt if any of my clients would prefer to have such viewer.

And yes, As Val says Viewer must have an option to print as well. In fact I suggest to have a feature allowing convert the file to lower versions like in Auto CAD viewer.

Any way. A better solution at this time. Hope to have a smaller download with better features.

• Jeff, yes, you will be able to open all the files supported by CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT while in viewer mode.

Val, I understand your comment about the size of the download and not being able to print. There have been long discussions internally about this. It is certainly once of the reason why we don't advertise the trial of X4 as a viewer... I just wanted to let your know that when you get the save menu disabled, your trial has expired and you now have a viewer. Every time you launch CorelDRAW or Corel PHOTO-PAINT, it will remind you that your trial has expired.

Gérard

• That's better than nothing, G. but still not great. A 298MB viewer is a lot different than say the 11 -30 MB Word/Office 2007 viewer which lets you view AND PRINT, but not edit. That's what most folks expect from a viewer. With the trial, not only is it a very large download, but you can edit to your heart's content, just not save or print. Not quite the same thing.

The ability to at least print a low quality version of the file would make it some better. (Maybe put a button on the menu to zoom to page and send a printscreen to the printer set at fit to page might do it?)

• Wow, very clever. People can toy with the features at length now...

Question: Can it always open files in this viewing mode?