• CorelDRAW X6.4 sneak peek #1

Continuing with our regular releases of updates for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, the team is hard at work to get X6.4 ready for the coming months. As with previous updates, X6.4 will provide early access to new features to Premium Members (everyone else will get these with the next major release of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite). Tony Severenuk, one of the User Experience Designers looking after CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, recorded…

• Wed, Jul 31 2013
  • Call for beta testers

In an ongoing effort to deliver great products, Corel regularly invites users of its products to register for participation in the beta testing of future applications. Yesterday, we opened-up the registration process for beta testing future versions of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. As a beta tester, you would preview software that can include improvements on the current version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite through new features…

• Tue, Jul 9 2013
  • Welcome, CS users!

Following the recent announcement made by Adobe regarding their shift to a purely subscription model for future versions of Illustrator, Photoshop and the rest of their Creative Suite products, we've heard from many CS users looking for alternatives. As stated before, we strongly believe in providing users choice to purchase your software the way you want.

So we're doing just that-giving Adobe customers choices…

• Thu, May 16 2013
  • Corel is looking for a Graphic Designer/Production Artist – Contract

We're looking for some graphic design talent to support internal marketing projects and thought, who better than our own CorelDRAW Community to help market our products! If you're interested in doing some freelance work for Corel, read on...

Responsibilities may include:

• Design, layout and prepare finished artwork using CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT (version X5 and up)
    • Produce English and localized print…
    • Wed, May 15 2013
  • You can run CorelDRAW on a Mac!

Following my recent blog post regarding users choice and the Adobe Creative Cloud announcement, we've received a number of enquiries relating to Mac OS of our products to offer alternatives to those using Apple hardware.

Corel offers a broad range of software solutions for a variety of users. Primarily available on the Microsoft Windows platform, some of these solutions are also available natively on the Mac: P…

• Mon, May 13 2013
  • Happy 6th birthday CorelDRAW.com

Just realized that CorelDRAW.com has been live for 6 years today! Thank you very much for everyone making this community such a great place to hang around.

Gérard

• Fri, May 10 2013
  • Corel is all about giving users choice

As you've probably noticed, big changes are underway in the high-tech industry at large, and more specifically in the graphics software world. Earlier this week, Adobe announced that it will discontinue the boxed version of Creative Suite and move exclusively to a subscription-based model (AKA Creative Cloud). This means that going forward, the only way to keep up-to-date with the latest offering from Adobe will be…

• Wed, May 8 2013
  • CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.3 Hot-Fix 1 now available

Earlier this morning, we released Hot-Fix 1 for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.3, addressing the hottest issues reported since the availability of the third update to X6. Here is a list of what is fixed with this patch:

• When you export files to EPS with the Selected only option enabled, multiple pages are created in the exported file.
    • CorelDRAW stops responding when you skew linked groups together with other selected…
    • Wed, May 8 2013
  • ZERO260 with CorelDRAW X6

atlantaThis post was written by Jeremy Foster, who works at Microsoft as a Developer Evangelist. Jeremy Foster was educated in computer engineering and mathematics, gathered disparate industry experience in education, aerospace manufacturing, and insurance. With just enough and not nearly enough education and experience, he finally joined Microsoft with the goal of informing and inspiring other software developers to write code…

• Fri, Apr 5 2013
  • CorelDRAW Premium Membership webinar - watch it now

We've uploaded the CorelDRAW Premium Membership webinar recording so that you can watch it (again). Here is the video:

• Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • CorelDRAW Subscription or Perpetual Box / Download – It’s Your Choice

If you read my blog, receive emails from Corel, or follow us on Facebook, you may have heard about our new CorelDRAW Membership and Subscription programs in the last six months. As many companies in the software industry move to solely cloud-based distribution and even stop selling physical products for some, we’ve chosen to expand the different ways that you can purchase and use CorelDRAW. By offering more options to…

• Tue, Mar 26 2013
  • CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.3 Update available tomorrow

We will officially make available the third update for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 tomorrow morning (Ottawa time). CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.3 will update CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.1 or X6.2 (build 16.1.0.843 or 16.2.0.998). The build number after this update is applied will be 16.3.0.1114 and requires a valid Standard (free) or Premium Membership in order to be installed. If you have build 16.0.0.707 installed, please…

• Mon, Mar 25 2013
  • CorelDRAW X6.3 Sneak Peek #3

To follow-up on the recent videos, here is a third sneak peek video of what is coming with X6.3 for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite Premium Members and Subscribers. This video is about searching content you have on your cloud-based Microsoft Skydrive account, and also enable tray synchronizations between multiple computers (a laptop and a desktop computer for example) of the trays in Corel CONNECT, CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO…

• Tue, Mar 19 2013
  • How Winning the International Design Contest Changed My Life

This post was written by Joe Diaz and originally published in the official Corel Blog. It is cross-posted here with the authorization Corel Corporation. Find out more posts from Corel Corporation on the Corel Blog.

Entering the contest

Well, it has been almost two years since the last CorelDRAW International Design Contest . When I try to think back to the competition and the process of creating my design, I remember…

• Fri, Mar 15 2013
  • CorelDRAW X6.3 sneak peek #2

Another week, another sneak peek. This time, I wanted to share a little video showing some of the new enhancements coming to Corel PHOTO-PAINT X6.3, available exclusively for those of you who have signed-up for a Premium Membership or a Subscription of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. This video shows some of the new effects, including Sepia, Time Machine and Bokeh Blur, as well as the new planar masking tool. You can find out…

• Tue, Mar 12 2013
  • CorelDRAW X6.3 sneak peek #1

The R&D team continues to be hard at work around new features for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite and the X6.3 update will be released in the not too distant future. Today, I wanted to give you a sneak peek of one of the new features that will be exclusively available for those of you who have signed-up for a Premium Membership with that update. You can find out more about the Premium Membership either on our web site or within…

• Tue, Mar 5 2013
  • 2013 CorelDRAW International Design Contest

I am very happy to announce that the 2013 CorelDRAW International Design Contest was officially announced this morning and you can find out a lot more at www.corel.com/design-contest.

One of the requirements for this contest is to submit your artwork in CorelDRAW X6 or Corel PHOTO-PAINT X6. Not an X6 user (yet), no problem, you can download the free 30-days trial of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6. Another alternative…

• Fri, Mar 1 2013
  • 2013 International Design Contest starts tomorrow!

It's back! The 2013 CorelDRAW International Design Contest will kick off tomorrow morning. The contest celebrates the talent and diversity of our CorelDRAW community all over the world. From March 1st until June 30, 2013, CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT users can submit their original designs to win prizes worth over $100,000. With six different entry categories, the contest encourages new and current users to create…

• Thu, Feb 28 2013
  • Get ready for the 2013 CorelDRAW International Design Contest

Contest-Logo-horizontal-on-white_RGB

You’ve been asking for a new CorelDRAW Design Contest. It is coming back in 2013 and it will be bigger than ever! Stay tuned for more information in the near future Winking smile

In the mean-time, feel free to browse the 2009 and 2011 Finalists in the Galleries on CorelDRAW.com

• Mon, Feb 18 2013
  • Graphics Suite X6 vs Home & Student Suite X6 comparison matrix

As a follow-up to my previous entry regarding CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X6 and to the comments posted there, I wanted to provide a more detailed comparison matrix of what’s include and what isn’t with CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X6 when comparing it with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.

CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X6 is based on the Full Graphics Suite, but is only licensed for non-commercial purpose and…

• Mon, Feb 18 2013
  • CorelDRAW on Pinterest

If you are on Pinterest, why not show the work you've created with CorelDRAW and/or Corel PHOTO-PAINT in our new Pinterest page: http://pinterest.com/corelsoftware/coreldraw/

Gérard

• Tue, Feb 12 2013
  • Happy holidays from everyone on the CorelDRAW team

On behalf of everyone on the CorelDRAW team, I wanted to thank you for your active
    participation in the CorelDRAW.com community throughout 2012
    and for being a CorelDRAW user.

We wish you and your family a very happy holiday season!

I look forward to seeing you online again in 2013!

Happy CorelDRAWing,

Gérard

PS: Want to create a similar card, check out Ariel's tutorial ;-)

• Fri, Dec 21 2012
  • Disappearing text in CorelDRAW solution

As a follow-up to my post a few days ago, Microsoft has released an updated version of the Microsoft update MS12-078/KB 2753842. It is available both through the MS web site and through Windows Update. Out initial tests indicate that the updated update has fixed the problem and that text is no longer disappearing in CorelDRAW. We will continue our tests over the next few hours, and please let us know if this has resolved…

• Thu, Dec 20 2012
  • Disappearing text in CorelDRAW (MS KB 2753842)

Update: As pointed out by Roy in the comments below, Microsoft has released an update to the MS12-078/KB 2753842, and initial indications are that this is solving the problems. You can get that updated update through the normal Windows Update.

A recently release Windows update from Microsoft had a side impact on multiple software applications, including various versions of CorelDRAW and Corel Painter, as well as software…

• Tue, Dec 18 2012