FontTesterPlus 1.3

FontTesterPlus is a tool that allow you to browse and explore the fonts installed on your system. It also allow you to test your fonts with various typography technologies such as GDI, GDI+, OpenType, Uniscribe, DirectWrite and WPF Typography. At its roots, it is made by software developers for software developers but can also be used by font designer to test their fonts and end users to test and explore their fonts.

It has a lot of subtle but very powerful features and should be updated occasionally.

Yes, the user interface is atrocious, it is difficult to use, buggy and flaky but it can be very useful to get extended information about the fonts you have installed on your system.

It is provided to you by Corel free of charge but also without any support. In other words, you use it at your own risk. I will not run a virus scan on it, it is your responsability.

If you have questions about it, you can try asking here and I may reply if I have time but don't be offended if I do not : remember, it is not supported.

If after installing it you get error messages on launch, ensure you installed the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555) first. This version will NOT work on Windows XP.

Update 1.1

• Added Digit substitution support to the Uniscribe OpenType and Direct Write Window.
  • Rework my Language support. Now the language of your string is no longer defined by the OpenType Language field. Instead, it is defined by a new field in the "Font Selector->More Properties" section. That field applies to both USP and DW and is not limited by what OpenType Languages specific features are provided by your selected font.
  • This version also fix the broken "ScriptItemizeOpenType" section.

Update 1.2

• Added character names
  • Added glyph window character name filter (lets you find characters by name)

Update 1.3

• In the Miscellaneous docker, I changed the OpenTypeFeatures mode in such a way that it now list all the OpenType tables in the drop down next to the mode drop down.
  • Selecting an item in that Drop down will render a visual representation of the rules (lookups) that are used to implement the selected feature.
  • I did not implement all the lookup types yet but most of them are.

Anonymous
Related
Recommended