Papá, cuando envejezcas serás una deliciosa naranja. / Dad, when you grow old you will be a delicious orange.

Esto comenzó como un pequeño bosquejo en una libreta, hecha con lápiz y un par de plumones. Digitalicé la imagen y comencé a esbozar las áreas principales de color en Painter. Después de tratar de manera insatisfactoria con acuarelas, me decidí finalmente por los pinceles "Don Brushes" Soft Painter y Soft Blender para la mayor parte del trabajo. Re-trabajé el fondo con PhotoPaint (ya que no habÌa uno en mi bosquejo inicial), y después le apliqué algunos efectos de Painter. El dibujo se fue volviendo más y más oscuro, tanto fÌsica como emocionalmente. La textura de madera en la parte inferior fue principalmente hecha con PhotoPaint, sobre la cual coloqué mi propia manuscrita digitalizada.

Este trabajo fue básicamente experimentar con el programa por diez horas continuas, y me encantó el resultado. Me inspiré en mis lecturas de la poetisa uruguaya Marosa di Giorgio.

Painter X, Photopaint X3, tableta Wacom y Led Zeppelin.

................................................................................................

This started out as a tiny pencil/markers sketch on a notebook. I scanned the image and then I started to work out the main colour areas in Painter. After unsatisfactorily trying with watercolours, I finally chose Don Brushes' Soft Painter and Soft Blender for most of the work. I re-worked the background with PhotoPaint (since there was none in my initial sketch), and then applied some Painter effects to it. The drawing just got darker and darker, both physically and emotionally. The wooden texture at the bottom was mostly done in PhotoPaint, on top of which I placed my own scanned handwriting.

This work was mostly experimenting with the software during 10 continuous hours, and I loved the result. It was inspired on the readings from the Uruguayan poetress Marosa di Giorgio.

Painter X, PhotoPaint X3, Wacom tablet and Led Zeppelin.

Anonymous
Parents
No Data
Comment
  • Sector, thanks. Your comments are always welcome.

Pommy Josh, what I drew freehand was more or less this much: farm3.static.flickr.com/.../2475734000_4187f17f71_b.jpg  (this is a preliminary sketch, but will give you an idea). The main purpose of the sketch was to define the body shape, volume and to get the overall "feeling" of the character.

As I started colouring over with Painter, most of the original lines were buried underneath. But still, not even the tablet can provide the same feeling and control as the actual drawing on a piece of paper.

The text at the bottom was written with a calligraphic pen, scanned, and then I chose the best samples and mounted together in Photopaint.

Children
No Data
Related
Recommended