CorelDraw 2018 Links and Bookmarks / Internet issues

I'm using CorelDraw - currently 2018 in Windows 10 64bit, but I've been struggling to get Internet links to behave for a long time now.

I'm just going to publish some simple steps to reproduce some issues here for convenience and discussion, then I'll raise a support ticket...

• Open CorelDraw and create a new, blank document.
  • Draw 12 boxes.
  • Open the "Links and Bookmarks" docker.
  • Click on each box in turn, click on "New Link" and enter URLs "01.com", "02.com", etc...
  • Now, export a PDF, open that PDF in your standard viewer and hover over the boxes to check the links - they are never all correct for me.
  • Also, if you return to CorelDraw, open the "Internet" docker, select a box and change the "Target" then the URL will spontaneously change.

This causes me a massive headache when I'm working on any leaflet with around 10 links or more.

I'd be interested to know if anybody else is being frustrated by this or has found a way around it.

Parents
  • I've been having the same problem. The hyperlink tool is not the greatest to begin with, but now that we produce more and more documents for the web, this issue has become troublesome. The problem is not that links don't export to PDF, it's that all links are lost every time you close and reopen the CDR file. This hyperlink problem has been reported for years. I'm surprised that Corel is not treating this with the urgency it deserves. After 16 years with Corel Draw, I'm considering switching to another graphics design software because of this very issue.

Reply Children
No Data