Hello there, I'm using CD2018 and have some macros to work faster. But suddenly my macros "disappeared" from CorelDRAW. The gms files are still @ their location "C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2018\Draw\GMS" but when I click to execute a macro, there's an empty list... and my shortcuts don't do anything when clicked... What's wrong with Corel?
Guys (and gals).. sorry for alll my bad language and frustrating posts... but i was really upset and until now I don't really know what happened and neither what actually fixed it (maybe it was just God's had at all)... because I've redone every step more than 1, 2, 3 times and nothing was changed. But what i did LAST:
1. Uninstalled Corel Graphics Suite 2018
2. Deleted Corel remaining files from "Program Files", "AddData" and "ProgramData" folders.
3. Run CCleaner and fixed the Registry (made a backup first)
4. Restarted Windows
5. Intalled Corel Graphics Suite 2018 with different directory (it is now "C:\Corel" instead of "C:\Program Files\Corel")
6. Updated to Update 1
7. Opened up CorelDRAW and miracly default macros were there and working!
8. Closed CorelDRAW
9. Copied back my .gms files to GMS folder on Corel main directory
10. Opened up CorelDRAW and my macros were there and working!
11. Closed CorelDRAW
12. Imported my workspace (.cdws) with my configs
13. Copied my configs to "C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2018"
14. Opened up CorelDRAW again and everything was just fine again!
Posted here the step-by-step because I really don't know what did the difference this time (as I told, I guess it was God's hand). But to try to helo any other futere problematic user as I was... I mean, some ppl just made questions here, find theirs solutions and don't think about other people, don't post here what really was the solution. SO, as told, I really don't know how, but with those steps, I can work again without a pain... Thanks to all of you that tried to help! God bless you all!
I'm glad to hear that you have your VBA macros working again!
Thank you, too, for posting the results here on the forum, including the details of what you did. That may be useful to other users in the future.
If someone is having a problem that I don't recognize, then the sequence of things I would eventually suggest is:
1. Make a backup copy of the current workspace, then try running with a "fresh" default workspace.
If that doesn't help, then:
2. Run a repair installation of CorelDRAW. Try running with a "fresh" default workspace.
3. Uninstall / reinstall CorelDRAW. Try running with a "fresh" default workspace.
At any point in this sequence, if the problem goes away, then start testing saved workspace(s) to see if the problem comes back.
Some people are very quick to suggest using an "F8" reset - but don't mention that it will destroy existing workspace customization. You obviously know how to take care of your existing workspaces!