Coreldraw Minimising into Background Apps - Causing Problems Opening Files

A number of our users are seeing problems with how Coreldraw works with Windows 10. I touched on this problem in another post at https://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_graphics_suite_2017/f/coreldraw-2017/55871/opening-files-from-windows-explorer

I've been looking into this further, and there seems to be a major problem with how Windows 10 handles Coreldraw. If you have no files open and minimise Coreldraw, it gets put into 'Background Apps' and can be seen through Task Manager. When then attempting to reopen Coreldraw, a second instance is then opened, and the original instance is left in background apps, wasting resources.

If you double click a file to open it, or try to open it through Quick Launch, it seems to try to open the file in the background instance, so nothing ever happens. This is hugely frustrating.

We've tried all sorts from ensuring everything is fully updated, turning off background processes in Corel, resetting workspaces, etc. I've attached a GIF showing the sort of thing that is happening. This is recreatable on all of our computers. 

Minimising when a file is open does not cause this problem. Only when no files are open. Quite often we will work on a file, finish and close it but want to leave Coreldraw running as we will be using it again very soon. At the moment though we are having to go into task manager every time to End Task on Corel before it will restart.