Fix for Draw vs Windows 10 display problem

It would seem that a number of people have had problems with running Draw 2018 under Windows 10. I recently joined their ranks with version X6, which had worked fine for several years but was now "losing" objects whenever I manipulated them or even just changed the zoom level. There might be a few selection nodes showing but that's all, even in F9 Preview mode; objects would simply disappear. Only a twirl of the thumb wheel (horizontal scroll) on my mouse would make the image reappear, which was rather inconvenient.

Not the first time Corel and Windows had not gotten along.

I upgraded to CDGS 2018 hoping it would work better with Win10, but no luck--same issue. Somebody here speculated that it was an upgrade to Win10 causing the problem, and I think that's right. In any case, I found a fix, and here it is.

Right click on the file shown in the directory shown in image 1 (I'm using xplorer2, but it should be the same in Windows Explorer), then left click "Properties."

Find the"Compatibility" tab, then select, from the "Windows Compatibility" drop down list," Windows 8." (And while you're in this dialog box you may as well drop down and check "Run this program as an administrator"; it's not strictly necessary but can avoid some hassles later on.)

Click "OK" and you're done. Draw now thinks it's happily operating under Windows 8, and who are we to disillusion the little dear?