Scaling an object.

I work generaly designing signage and graphics for signage. I am new to Coreldraw. I would like to know if there is a tool or process for scaling an object size to a specific mathmatical scale? Ex: 1/4" = 1'

Parents
No Data
  • I work in signage, generally commercial and architectural, donor wall and image corrections for the architectural industry.  What Eskimo demonstrated is why I don't work in scale. Donor walls especially for renovation projects many times have odd placement for specific art, 46" 6 3/16" as an example and I found I cannot use scale in any application be it Adobe, Corel Revit or Sketcher and achieve that accuracy.

Under the tools menu options workspace edit you may be able to increase the drawing precision to 6 decimal places and improve the scale precision.

Children
  • Under the tools menu options workspace edit you may be able to increase the drawing precision to 6 decimal places and improve the scale precision.

Perhaps scaling using the Transformations docker produces exactly the same results as I described, even with the drawing precision set to 6 decimal places.

If I do the same scaling using one of my favorite macros, the resulting square will report as 1", even when CorelDRAW is set to display to 6 decimal places. No sweat, and I'm not doing anything special in the macro to make it work that way.