Why Does CorelDraw 2018 Sometimes Crash On Save?

I just recently upgraded from Version X4 (14) to Version 2018 (20). Almost all of my CorelDraw files are in X4 format (literally thousands of files). So far, they seem to open just fine in Version 2018 (20). However, when I try to save them in Version 2018, some of them crash the CorelDraw program, while others do not. Also, when I use the "Save As" feature, I am able to save those same (crashing) files in Version 14 (X4) and/or 15 (X5), but if I try to save in a higher Version, i.e. 16 or higher, the program crashes.

Is anyone aware of this problem and is there a solution?

Thanks for any help.

Parents Reply
  • I appreciate your ideas, but I just don't have the time for that.

What you are seeing isn't normal and there is probably something in your X4 files that shouldn't be there, which causes Draw 2018 to crash when saving.

The idea was to try and find the cause, not to do this procedure with every single file.
    It could be simple things to remove, like excessive color styles or whatever, and once you find out what it is, fixing it before saving can be very simple.

Going from X4 to 2018 is a six version leap and many many things have changed along the way.

Would be interesting to take a look at one of your files.
    Feel free to upload a (rather simple) file that shows this behavior.
    If you post it here you must Zip it first.

Children
No Data