I'm working on an extremely large drawing. I have a scale down question

When I publish it to PDF the page size is too big. I want to know how I can scale it down to a smaller page size, ie 500' x 500', currently I am at 1/4' = 1'. The corel page size now is 2,800 x 2000'.   Thanks, Iain

• Yani's suggestion of setting rulers to a certain scale is one possible approach, although that is an approach I usually avoid in my workplace. Since elements in some projects get used and re-used many times elsewhere. Rulers in a CDR document set at something other than actual size introduces another potential factor for error. The scale is only good within that specific document, not for objects copied out of that document and pasted elsewhere.

I prefer designing signs at full size in a large master file and then creating separate client sketches on standard pages (letter, legal or tabloid) with the artwork manually sized down where it matches a certain scale, such as 1" = 1'. But in the client sketch one inch is still going to be equal to one inch. If the layout in my full size file is going to be too big for the work space I'll create it at 50%, 25% or 10% of actual size and include pretty loud warning labels in the document for which elements are full size or at a reduced scale.

• And keep the scale measurements

One approach to getting existing dimension-containing content onto a desired page size might involve something along the lines of this:

1. Work with a copy of the document (so that you don't alter the original).
    2. "Break apart" all of the dimensions so that they just become graphical objects, and can't update to match changes in the geometry.
    3. Scale everything down as necessary to fit on the desired page.
  • There's a feature opportunity here. Turn edit scaling into an onscreen interactive tool as opposed to this "keep guessing the scale until it fits".
    I use it a lot for all sorts of jobs, including about the house. Stick a photo up then scale the photo and you can use the dimension tool to guess the rough sizes for other items.
    Example, I want to make a cupboard door like a Tardis. I've got a base graphic in the right proportions and I know the size of the wall where the door goes.

Some macro tools are available to scale content in specific ways, i.e., scaling selected objects proportionately based on a known reference distance.

One of them would be Shelby's AutoSize (available at MacroMonster).

My own Match Vectors macro can also be used to perform that sort of task: