Has the EULA agreement for CorelDRAW 2018 Suite changed with regards to the number of devices that it can be installed on per license?

We are a current subscriber using the X8 suite. According to the EULA, we are allowed to install the suite on up to 3 devices as long as only one copy is in use at a time. We have desktops at our shop and some laptops for working on projects at home when necessary.

We just received an email saying that we were allowed to upgrade to the 2018 Suite, but when installing on the second device, I received a warning about installing on multiple devices, and upon reading the EULA for the 2018 suite, it appears that we are now only allowed to install on one device per license. Is this true?

I just want to make sure we aren't doing anything in violation of the EULA and will stop changing over the software if that is the case.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hello all,

Let me jump into this discussion to provide more details. Over the years, the vast majority of the Corel products were licensed on the basis of 1 license = 1 computer (and this is also very standard throughout the software industry). This also applied to CorelDRAW for volume licensing as well as for boxes and download versions in multiple countries around the world.

After careful review of the actual number of activations per serial number, we confirmed that only a small percentage of CorelDRAW customers around the world install the software on more than one device today. This is the reason why we unified our End User License Agreement a few months ago.

We fully understand that a small percentage of our customers have been installing our software on more than one computer and only using it on one device at a time, as per our previous EULA. For those customers who are upgrading to the latest version and have previously installed their product on more than one device, we have made sure that the activation process would allow them to continue to use the latest version in a similar way.

We also continue to allow for the transfer of a license from one computer to another. Simply make sure you uninstall CorelDRAW Graphics Suite from the old device with an active internet connection, as this will release your license to be re-installed on another computer.

Happy CorelDRAWing!

Gérard

Reply Children