PDF export sizes from Draw 2018.. Larger...

I have been exporting Corel files to PDF for years with ease. (I've been a Corel user since v3...). I can usually get my document down to a file size that is a good compromise between quality (enough) images but file size not so bad... (my web server maxs out at 3.5mb files so that is my benchmark).

I have found that with Draw 2018, I can't get that balance. Every PDF I export waayyyy larger then it used to be. The "web" setting degrades my images beyond viewable.

I'm currently working on a 27 page file (cmyk mostly, but I PDF to RGB and would change it all to to RGB in the CDR if I could...) that has always been challenging to shrink, and now with 2018 the best I can get the file down to is 7mb (with it down to worst quality everything.... and all I updated on the file was some text.).    The same file in x8, set to WEB conversion, I could get to 3mb.  now... 19mb... )

Did something change in the back end on how 2018 saves PDF that could affecting thing? Can I change it back????? :)

Not sure if there is really a solution here... just wondering... :(   I don't see the world complaining about it on the forums, so I could be alone here....