Reconnect device [...] or choose a new folder warning message

Hi!

A few days ago I transfered all my artwork files (only artwork folders - not program) from my old computer to my new one.

Since then I get a message when I open CorelDraw (see screenshot) that reads: "Please reconnect the device that has the file location, or choose a new folder. ..."

May be a concidence and that doesn't stop me from working but it's anoying.

I've search around and some say to go to Settings, Global and file location...  however (probably because it's the Home & Student version) I don't have much in Global and I do not have default file locations or anything that would hint to such settings.

Thank for your help!

Vince

Parents
No Data
  • I use the full version (not home/students) of CorelDraw 2018 on Windows 10 (now 11).  I think when I installed CorelDraw 2018, it wanted to put files in C:\(user)\Documents.  I prefer to keep all of my data for backup on a D drive (separate partition), so I changed the Windows Document directory to D:\Documents.  This probably caused the problem.

When I went to Global>File Locations, I saw that the Fill directory was in red, where the other directories were black.  The directory did exist.  Using a tip above, I pressed the Reset button and followed short instructions, and Fill went to black.  Problem is now solved.  Hope this helps!

Children
No Data