Advice about (Re)installing CGS 2018 to a new Windows 10 [1903] Profile

After about a week of Tech Support on an existing Ticket, including elevated Telephone Assistance today, it emerges that CGS 2018 will install to my long-standing Profile but none of its applications — DRAW, Photo-Paint, or Font Manager — are able to access my Font Collection(s) without instantly freezing. CGS X8 and X6 continue to run flawlessly, as they have for years.

The result of today's session is that CGS 2018 installed to a new User Account (provisionally set up to a 'Test' Profile) demonstrates no problem with Font access.

With over 200 installed applications, primarily because of so many that require deactivation prior to reactivation on a new User Account, it is possible but not practicable for me to build a replacement Profile — that is, move to a new User Account.

Therefore, I am contemplating establishing a new Profile primarily to run CGS 2018. (After carefully following the career of CGS 2019 on its forum, attempting that new version is a non-starter.)

Windows + all applications [SSD, C drive] are separated from ALL DATA, distributed on three partitions of a local HDD. Settings for each application and much of Windows itself are backed up manually to corresponding folders on the HDD. Every downloaded EXE and matching Key / Serial Number are stored in corresponding folders and backed up as well, imaged via Macrium Reflect to two independent external hard drives.

Thus, I am pretty sure I can eventually setup and optimize a new Profile.

However, as I have not done this before, I would be immensely grateful for advice / counsel from the experienced users on this forum. Any suggestions, hints, tips, strong recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Hans-Peter Guttmann

Parents Reply Children
No Data