PDF save takes forever...even regular file save takes longer

I have noticed file saving time is taking longer and longer, but saving to a PDF file (which I do a lot!) is taking forever now!

A file that used to take about 6-10 seconds to save as a PDF, now takes between 60 and 120 seconds (1-2 minutes!)

The file is good, the save is good, its just been getting longer and longer to finish the save.

I recently repaired...and then reinstalled Corel...which didn't change things.
Today I removed and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 (which is what I use for PDFs) and that didn't fix things.
(Acrobat integrates itself, I guess, into Corel...after being installed, you "save to PDF" from within Corel as you work.)

I'm still using Windows 7, which I have been using with this version of Corel for the last 3-4 years.  This version of Corel is slow all over the place and dodesn't work nearly as well as 2017 Suite did, but I can't really go back now...so I need to make this work. Waiting upwards of 2 minutes to save a file is unacceptable.

Any ideas?

Parents
No Data
  • As far as I know saving to and publishing to PDF uses the same Corel process. To access the PDF printer you select file, print and select the PDF printer. Of course Distiller needs to be set up to produce a PDF to your needs.

Is 2018 fully updated? I'm assuming that's your current version. 

Children
No Data