Snap To Objects not working since Win 10 install

I just did a Win 10 Pro upgrade (from Win 7 Pro) and everything appears to have gone smoothly.

However, when working in Coreldraw, I noticed that objects and nodes are not self locating and "snapping" together.
I rely on this feature
I believe this is the "snap to object" feature...and I have checked within Options/Customizations, that this feature is on, active, all things selected.

The quick turn on/off command from within the program is Alt+Z...which does not fix it.
Alt+Z also appears to be a Win 10 command...I get screen record/stream options appear on the screen when I press it.

So, has Win10 killed the snap to feature? is it related to the Alt+Z command? or what is going on?

Parents
  •  hmmm...just discovered something.

I still don't have an explanation for why snap-to is turning itself off, or malfunctioning, but...

there is a command key on the toolbar that turns off/on the snap-to function.
    when you click it, it changes the look, and the snap-to modes list appears/disappears.

I was under the impression that Alt-Z was the default command key for turning snap-to ON.
    But alt-Z is also a hot key for Radeon Graphics operations.

So I wondered if I changed the alt_z command, would it function (assuming there was a conflict with Radeon)?

But I find that only alt-Q is set as a default command shortcut to turn OFF the snap-to feature.
    There is no command for turn ON.

But alt-Q works both...at least it does on my system...and it actually does turn on the snap-to feature.

It seems to ignore whatever command appears on the toolbar, or whether it appears to be turned on or off.
    It just works...I pressed alt+Q and snap-to turned on and is functioning again!

I still don't know why it turned off by itself (after the last time I used it), but it appears I may have found a way to turn it back on!

I have worked in various incarnations of Corel for about 25 years now...and have always used this feature...and never had a problem like this.
    And never had this problem with Corel 2018 in three years, until now...so something has changed or caused a problem.
    And the only real event that has occurred is the upgrade to Win 10.
    So maybe Corel 2018 is not completely compatible with Win10?...those of you not experiencing a problem will argue, I know.

• But I find that only alt-Q is set as a default command shortcut to turn OFF the snap-to feature.
    There is no command for turn ON.

In my experience that command works as a toggle. If it's on, it turns it off; if it's off, it turns it on.

I think that feature was first introduced in CorelDRAW 2018.

Another thing they officially introduced with 2018 is the ability to hold down the "Q" key to temporarily suppress snapping "on the fly". It only suppresses snaps while the key is held down.

Children