Paint Brush Replace

I have Win10 and CorelDraw 2019 and I have a BMP Photo of a Duck.

The Duck is on a OutSide Background with Grass and Trees.

I Know I can use the Lasso Mask Tool to Cut the Duck out of the Background but it is very hard.

And the Magic Wand taks to long to get every Color so I can not use it.

Then I Remembered something I did in an Older CorelDraw PhotoPaint.

I would use a Paint Brush Tool and it would go over everything but the Image You Selected.

But I do not know what this was or am I going about this the Wrong way?

• Could be the Cutout Lab perhaps?
    In 2020 it is in the Image menu, not sure about 2019.

• Depending on quality desired you have choices, in Photo-PAINT using the cutout lab is a mediocre method. 

In Photo-PAINT open your file save as (rename if your want) save as CPT format, open object docker, top right tool create a transparent background. I'm working from memory as I'm in the middle of no and where right now.

Once you have this you again have options depending on quality desited. You can just erase the background,  paint in a new background,  use a mask tool or create a path, then a mask from the path.

I did some geese awhile back and I used the path tool creating a very tight path around them, then I created a mask from the path, reduced the mask 1 pixel, I then deleted the background. If the duck gets deleted just undo, invert the mask and delete again.

You'll have the ability to adjust the edge of the mask and then the edge of the resulting object. As near a seemless transition as possible. 

Now you have two objects, the background and the duck, you can create or import an image as the background.

Remember there's more to compositing an image then just cutting out and plopping in a new background.  There's light direction of each object added compared to each other, tone, hue, saturation, focus and sharpness as compared to one another. 

ENJOY! 

• I know this is from sometime ago, had trouble with my account. The best solution I've found is to use https://www.remove.bg/ (try it, this is not one of the spam posts). It's freemium but does an automatic, instantaneous, and usually great job 90+% of the time. Maybe Corel could use that technology for its cutout lab...