CorelDraw 2019 Mac Performance

I purchased CorelDraw 2019 for Mac yesterday.  I've been using CD in Parallels for a few years in our Screen Printing business and have been in love with the software.  I'm using the Mac version today and it seems quite sluggish compared to 2018 running in Parallels on my Mac.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Also I can't use my Logitech mouse to zoom in and out of designs with the scroll wheel.  Other mice work just fine but it looks like Logitech Options is causing an issue with CorelDraw for Mac.

Parents
No Data
  • purchased CorelDraw 2019 for Mac yesterday.  I've been using CD in Parallels for a few years in our Screen Printing business and have been in love with the software.  I'm using the Mac version today and it seems quite sluggish compared to 2018 running in Parallels on my Mac.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Yeah.  Ironically, I think I made this same comment a couple days ago. Or I was thinking about it but didn't post it.  But I downloaded the Mac demo and decided to have a play with it.  I immediately decided that it was too sluggish to bother with, but I've been using it via Parallels Desktop for years.  And that is of course, understandably sluggish, but it feels faster than the new native Coreldraw.  At the same time, my Mac was new in around 2014 I think, so I'm allowing for that to be a factor.  Adobe software is also getting slower, but not like what I see with Coreldraw.  For example, when I click the eye to turn a layer on/off, it's so slow, I was clicking it multiple times because I thought maybe I'd missed the icon when I clicked on it.  Soon I realized that it's reaction time was just that slow.  Also, one of the example files that came with the demo is nearly ineditable because it's so slow.

Children
No Data