corel acquired by KKR

• It's true and it's very good news. Maybe you didn't know that Corel was adquired several years ago (around 20 years ago) by Vector Capital. Now, KKR group adquires Corel on mire than 1.3 billion dollar. And nobody invest this amount of money just to speculate or to sit down and see what happens ... Surely they will have to make the company grow and develop, to be able to recover the money invested.

• Dude, it's the 21st century we buy and sell billion dollar companies all the time. No worries just keep on keepin on!

• do you people think that we will feel the effect from it in the near future? can this change some policies from corel, like the ending upgrade etc?

------

this is what i found on this site: https://www.logitheque.com/en/articles/the_corel_publisher_has_been_acquired_by_kkr_3341.htm

"In a note from Patrick Nichols, Corel PDF and sent to employees, the company announced that there would be no layoffs. KKR's John Park said,"Corel has distinguished itself by offering an impressive range of essential tools and services for connected workers... KKR looks forward to working with management to stimulate the continued growth of existing platforms while leveraging the extensive experience of the M&A team to open a new chapter in innovation and global growth. So the future looks bright for Corel. There is no doubt that we should see some new products for the publisher in the coming months."

• do you people think that we will feel the effect from it in the near future? can this change some policies from corel, like the ending upgrade etc?

In the near future, I do not believe. At least, I do not think there's a sudden impact. It is likely that as the months go by, you begin to notice the changes. But this is a business, and certainly they want to increase profits. I do not believe to be "running with scissors" will go to increase their profit, which is the primoridal end of every business. However, it is normal to have changes, and if those changes are to be better, are welcome. In several areas an improvement is essential.