What does this mean?

I just stumbled upon THIS LINK which is part says of CorelDraw, "Later this year, upgrades (download and box products) will no longer be available. Add Upgrade Protection to your purchase to get future versions at a fraction of the cost or choose a subscription, to always stay current." I did not take part in the webinar from earlier today, which I assume detailed what will happen later this year. Does anyone know? Does this mean Corel is moving to a subscription-only model for Draw? Am I correct to assume that anyone who has a licensed product before a subscription-only model begins will be able to keep that license, to use that version, regardless of his or her subscription status?

Thanks for your time.

Parents
No Data
  • Corel is committed to provide both subscription and perpetual license options going forward. 

The information provided on the Purchase Options tab on the product page is meant to provide a heads-up that going forward (i.e. "later this year"), discounted Upgrades from all older versions of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite will no longer be part of the offering. So now is the chance to upgrade your CorelDRAW Graphics Suite to the latest CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019, leveraging the Upgrade pricing while it's still available.

What happens in a year from now? The most affordable way to stay up-to-date and also keep software ownership of the latest version for perpetual use will be the Upgrade Protection Program as it is now. With an active Upgrade Protection you receive future versions at a fraction of the cost of what the Upgrade product is currently offered at. Yes, you need to stay on Upgrade Protection to keep that option to stay up-to-date with the new versions for perpetual use.

We will continue to offer promotions to current version owners of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite with future version releases. Customers who own the current version, will be offered the opportunity to purchase the new (next) version without having to pay the Full version price. However, Upgrade Protection will certainly be the best-price option you can get, plus you receive the new version at the time of its release.

Customers will still be able to purchase new licenses for perpetual use - there is no intention to stop the software ownership purchase options in the foreseeable future. 

Children