Hi there. Both HQ's (1400KM apart) are experiencing this issues since upgrading to CorelDraw 2019. Whether we try to edit artistic or paragraph text, as soon as you doubleclick to edit text it de-selects and remove focus (selects the bounding box for the text). I'm also unable to create new artistic text, and as soon as I try to create paragraph text tho original problem persists.
UPDATE: I have narrowed down the problem to a custom command/toolbar.
Even when I reset my workspace to default and create the toolbar from scratch the problem reoccurs! Thus the problem is not the workspace, it's the custom toolbar/command bar, even when it's a new one created in CorleDraw2019 from scratch. Disable the custom toolbar in the imported workspace and the problem goes away.
I'm yet to narrow down whether it's a specific icon/command causing the issue as deadlines abound on this side and I don't have time to add them one by one and test.
Below is the custom toolbar though (menu text enabled so we can see if there are similarities).
Thank you for the information. I will investigate using the details you’ve provided.
Would you mind exporting your workspace - just that toolbar - and sharing the exported .CDWS file?
You might have to wrap it in a zip file or rename the file extension to .zip; I don't know if the forum software will accept a .CDWS file for upload?
I think this has to do with (at least some of) the Commands for Bitmap effects.
I see that many of these have two Commands with the same name.
Trying a few of these, I find that the first one of the pair (e.g., the first Brightness/Contrast/Intensity) will, if present on a visible toolbar, cause that behavior when the Text tool is in use. The second command with the same name does not cause the same behavior.
If that is not weird enough... it gets weirder.
If I create a toolbar and put the "first" Brightness/Contrast/Intensity Command on it, it causes the problem with the Text Tool that has been described.
If I REMOVE the offending Brightness/Contrast/Intensity Command from that toolbar by using Alt+drag to drag it off of the toolbar, it STILL causes the problem with the Text Tool!
In the workspace.xml file, after that Command has been removed using Alt+drag, the code for that toolbar looks like this (I've added an arrow pointing to the Command in question):
Removing the Command from the toolbar in that way "excludes" it from the toolbar - but the problem persists. Good luck troubleshooting that by removing Commands from the toolbar to see what is causing the problem!
If I manually edit workspace.xml to "comment out" that line, it looks like this:
With that done, the Text Tool is back to working.
Edited to Add:
Another way to remove a Command from a toolbar - without manually editing workspace.xml - is to right-click on the Command, then use Customize>Toolbar Item>Delete:
That appears to not "exclude" the Command, but instead, to completely remove it from the toolbar. For these "toxic to the Text tool" commands, complete removal seems to be necessary.