Hello, so i've been using CorelDRAW for the latest months, after a long time of not using older versions of it, so i've got the last version, and it seems to run pretty slow, and laggy on my system (i7 2600K 4,5GHz, 16GB of RAM)
I'm working with a couple of big files, and once the history list piles up a few hundreds of steps it gets insanely slow every time i pop it up, so it's basically impossible to work with the history tab permanently opened as i slows every action i do, even the lightest task takes 5-10 seconds from when i give the input to when it's completed.
I've investigated a bit and although the CPU usage stays pretty low during these events, the usage of one of the threads (my processor has 8 threads) spikes to 100, and stays above 90% for the entire duration of those 5-10 seconds, to then go back to 10-20% staying idle until i make another action, and it all repeats. So unless there's some option to change or some patch or something to apply, i'd say this is probably the LEAST multicore supporting piece of software i've ever used. Anyway i'm using the 64bit version as my system is 64bit and my hardware supports 64bit architecture.
Any idea on the matter?
Maybe it's relative to the font management. For example, if you let FontManager to monitorize constantly the entire computer (and/or network) the performance could slow down. Also, if you have a lot of font and set use uninstalled font, maybe that also could increase the time of each process. If you place all fonts on one folder, and monitorize only this folder and Windows/fonts, and also only use installed fonts/system fonts, it should make a difference.
I'm not using any fontmanager at the moment, but i forgot to mention i increased undo level a bit, from default 150 to 1000 (now decreased to 500, but that hasn't really changed anything), still it should be able to manage it, because i only see one thread spiking to 100% while the others remain around 10-20%, ram usage remains low, so there's nothing really saying my PC can't take it...Oh and i also tried installing the 32bit version, with the same results.