Corel Draw 2019 - Super slow file opening and editing - Very unstable

Hello,

I am running Corel Draw 2019 on Windows 10 and have yet come across another mind-numbing issue. I am working in a file just fine, then I perform an action, such as import or transparency, and I get the spinney wheel of death. Go to Task manager and Corel is not responding. Sometimes it will eventually perform the action after an extended period of time (4-5 minuets) or nothing at all. Force quit. Save Auto backup of file when I reopen the program and then every action takes forever, if at all. This is very frustrating. Any insight would be most helpful. Thank you!

Parents Reply
  • I am now looking as second computer to run 2019, with and Intel i7 chip set. Still this would only be for CD and not sure it would be worth it. I may just change all my files to AI and stop using CD. I do have Adobe CS6. I have no plans to use a subscription based product.

You'll find that the NEW UP TO DATE COMPUTER will NOT fix your problems with the CURRENT STATE of v2019 and 2 updates later.  I have many new workstations that work perfectly with X7 and 2017,  BUT NOT v2019!

It would be a WISE CHOICE to DITCH CORELDRAW for Adobe Illustrator these days...  the ONLY reason I use CorelDraw is I have over 20 years of CorelDraw files and I need the dimensioning features of CorelDraw.  Adobe Illustrator you have to use Hotdoor CADTOOLS for dimensioning which is fully featured, but it's still a WORKAROUND overall how the AI plug in works.  Everyone and their brother uses Adobe Illustrator that are SERIOUS with design work. Not that you cannot use CorelDraw to do the same...but you cannot work using v2019.

Children