Background saving forgets editing

Hi,

can please somebody confirm this effect in Corel 2019.

a) Open and edit some Corel file that loads and saves slow (e.g. something with large and many bitmaps)

b) Save your file in the background. Corel Shows the save icon in the toolbar.

c) While Corel saves in the background continue editing (the save incon is shown in the toolbar). I just added some rectangles.

d) Corel completes background saving but the document status doesn't become "dirty". Corel doesn't know the document is changed - no asterix behind the filename - save menu grayed.

If you now close Corel it will not remind you to save your last edits. Everything you have edited while Coreldraw was saving will be forgotten.

Workaround: Edit something after Corel has finished saving in the background. This will make the file "dirty" and the Save option will be available again.

I think Corel has to set the document "dirty" after background saving if editing took place while saving.

What do you see and think?

Parents
No Data
  • Seems Corel addressed above in Service Pack in some weird way....

The background saving icon in the toolbar doesn't  show anymore and you can't edit  while Corel is saving...(Saving in the main task....)

The setting Options - Global Options - General - Enable background tasks is still enabled... It just seems to have no more effect on saving files or making backups every 5 minutes (so far this was done in the background).

I'm wondering since SP2 that very five minutes Corel stops my editing. Until today I thought something is wrong with my new computer... But today I digged deeper I saw that these background icon simply doesn't come up anymore for saving. It seems instead of fixing the bug above background saving simply was disabled :-(

Can somebody please confirm! Perhaps it is disabled on my machine only?!?

Markus

Children