Slow response when using text mode or manipulating text objects.

My machine specs:
Win 7 Pro 64-bit
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2687W v4 3.00GHz (2 x processors)
128 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro M6000 24 GB GPU

I have been regularly upgrading my CorelDraw Suite for the past 15 years.

With CorelDraw versions 2018 and 2019 I have been experiencing a very frustrating delay when engaging the Text tool or manipulating text objects using the Pick tool.
I did not and STILL do not have this issue with earlier versions of CorelDraw. I have X6, X8 and 2017 still installed on my machine so I have tested this. Working with text objects in these older versions is just as snappy as working with any other shape as has always been the case for me.
When using versions 2018 and 2019 my screen pauses and I get about a 1.25 second delay after each and every one of the following occurrences:

• Clicking the cursor somewhere on the screen to start a new line of text (after just having selected the Text tool from the side menu)
  • Clicking the cursor on top of existing text (after just having selected the Text tool from the side menu)
  • Double-clicking a text object to enter into the Text tool mode placing the cursor into the text
  • Clicking on the Text tool on the side menu if there is a text object selected at the time

So basically any time I enter Text tool mode.

But the REAL problem is I also get this same delay after each and every one of these occurrences:

• Zooming using the mouse wheel (in or out) while in Text mode. The 1.25 second delay occurs with EVERY zoom increment in or out.
  • Moving, scaling or rotating any text objects while in Pick tool mode. The delay also occurs when moving, scaling or rotating a mixed selection of objects all together if any one of them is a text object.

I would describe the delay as a kind of screen refresh issue. Almost like working on a computer via RDP with a slow connection. The text object being manipulated invariably disappears during the delay (all other objects remain visible). When moving, scaling or rotating, the progress is not displayed smoothly and there is a large visual lag. The text object moves or scales in short delayed bursts - well behind the actual movement of the mouse.
Interestingly there is no delay when typing or editing the actual text in Text tool mode.
What's also interesting is when I first installed version 2019 it did not exhibit this problem so I was very pleased as I have been battling with this issue for some time in version 2018.
However tonight after finally setting up my workspace in version 2019 - (excited by the prospect of not having to deal with this laggy text issue anymore) - I was confused and extremely frustrated to find it's started doing the same thing!

I have tried many searches to see if anyone else has experienced this and there's very little out there.
Why is this happening with what I assume are supposed to be improved versions??

Any help would be appreciated - I'm at my wits end.