Home and Student 2019 crashing when opening files directly

I'm having a weird issue with this application, and there's a workaround for it however it's less than ideal.  If I navigate in explorer to the file I want to open and click on it to open, it opens up a blank document, and hitting the new document [+] icon will crash the program instantaneously, no dialogue or information as to why.  If I open the program from its shortcut, it opens just fine, and I can navigate to and open the document just fine.  I spent a few hours trying to get it up and running with no results. 

Things I tried:

• Repair installation (programs and features -> uninstall/change -> repair installation)
  • Windows updates / driver updates (gfx card, CPU, drive management, etc..)
  • Set to always run as administrator
  • Change compatibility mode to Windows 7 or Windows 8
  • Malware scan (Norton, malwarebytes)
  • Disk defragmentation
  • Hard drive diagnostic (took three hours, no inconsistencies found)
  • Looking for updates (none available for Home and Student 2019 unless I just can't find it)
  • Trying older files / making new files to see if I can repeat the issue (I can, in every case)

Computer specs:

• Windows 10
  • NVidia GTX 960m
  • 4 core 3.5ghz i5 CPU
  • 8GB RAM

Despite having a license for the application on my account I can't find any way to get a new installer for CorelDraw (so at the moment fully reinstalling doesn't seem to be an option).  The only thing I can think of short of that is forcing it to run on the NVidia card instead of the integrated graphics. I'd really appreciate any advice I can get!  Thanks!