CorelDraw Forced Upgrades

Been using CorelDraw since early 90's. Upgraded every couple versions. Was a tech editor on a book in the mid-90s. Every new version is buggy as hell and I lose some things I like to pick up "features' I never learn.. Could never get Corel's paint version to work anywhere near as well as Photoshop. Tried Corel on the Mac - buggy. So, for years I've use Corel on a PC and Photoshop on a Mac.

I should just learn Illustrator. Every time I have to upgrade CD I am more encouraged.

Q1. IF we go to this subscription approach, will we one day have the version we've learned force replaced by a new buggy version with changes? That could cause a great deal of stress and missed deadlines. Or, will we be able to continue using the older version until the bug fixes are in?

Q2. And, will it be $199 plus $99 now, or can I pay $199 and then my $99 each following year?

Thank you. D

Parents
No Data
  • I just wanted to make sure you still had up to 30 days to purchase the $99 Upgrade Protection, so I chatted with another one of those idiots today and yesterday...sooooo slow and not helpful at all!  These people are working from some little shack around the world and NO idea what they are selling or talking about.

They said I HAD TO PURCHASE the $99 UPGRADE PROTECTION at time of CorelDraw 2019 upgrade box?!?!?!?!!?

Read this, I totally get I have up to 30 days!  Yes, Corel is very nefarious indeed.  I am really re-thinking all of this.  This may very well be the demise of Corel.  Start your backup plan now all of you with years of files etc.

https://www.coreldraw.com/en/pages/subscription-support/faq/#007

EDIT:  I guess if I buy the last 2019 upgrade and if they don't let me purchase the upgrade protection within 30 days, then I'll just return it and start over before December 1 2019.

The only reason even considering this mess, is I do NOT want to pay FULL PRICE for more licenses when I just bought a bunch.

Children