CorelDRAW 2019 slow in WIREFRAME view

Hi guys!

When in WIREFRAME view... My Corel's slow!!! It slows down to a point I hear my computer fan accelerating demanding more power from my processor!!!

Does this happen to any of you?

Parents
No Data
  • I downloaded the v2019 trial today with latest update2 preinstalled and will mess with it more to see if this happens. (I also purchased more BOX licenses of v2019 since Corel is getting rid of their UPGRADES and I am NOT paying full $499 for all these seats because of that!  What a rotten way to treat loyal paying customers from day 1.  I don't know why you rent or subscribe for so much more either per year?  That's a even worse deal.  Just my opinion.

But seriously, if anything when in wireframe mode, should be faster versus slower which you know...so that is VERY odd.

One thing I can suggest to look at maybe as a DEFINITE problem I have had since the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (WFCU) has really messed things up when using CorelDraw X7 and after (possibly prior versions also?) and Adobe Type1 fonts.

As of this update (WFCU), Type 1 fonts are NOT supported anymore like they used to.  You can still use them, but you'll have nothing but problems.  (it also affected Word and it's fonts).

Open a CorelDraw file that has Type 1 fonts (or a mix also with OpenType and TrueType) and it will be really slow when working in it.

Now take that same file and replace ALL the Type 1 font objects with a OpenType or TrueType equivalent (or any other font if you'd like for testing) and CorelDraw will work normally speedwise as it always has before, even the OLD CorelDraw versions.  Typically when you zoom in and out, all the objects outside the artboard take a long time to redraw on the screen incrementally.  Also when dragging and copying these Type 1 font objects using the default duplicate "+" key.

Apparently this slow down does not happen with the Adobe Products!  i.e. Illustrator.

It was obviously NOT Corel's fault for this, but personally, after I first noticed this in X7, it STILL has not be rectified to counter-act the Type 1 problem in versions during or after this Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, even up to v2019 which I just verified still has the same problem still on different current up to date workstations and a Surface Pro 6 (i7)!  It's getting REAL HARD to keep paying for this.  I could stay back on X7 and v2017 licenses, but I feel screwed if I don't upgrade and also get the upgrade protection to avoid the high $499 per seat cost IF I DO NOT...which I feel everyone else feels the same!!!!!

: (

Children
No Data