I have a problem with spotcolors.Made an color CutContour wich i need a lot. When i export it to pdf my cutting programs and laser see the contour not because its called cutcontouw without capital letters and it says cutcontour : 0 255 0 0
When i export it to eps theres no problem and the contour is called CutCountour like it has to be.We also outsource a lot of files to others and they only want pdf files so i have an problem
How can i solve this?
I assume your color truly is a correctly named spot color to begin with, since it exports fine to EPS?Make sure your Publish to PDF settings are set to export colors as Native.
mmm also tried with those settings... No effect.I see theres somewhere a problem in corel... tried it now with 5 installations....
When i export it to eps... no problemWhen i export to pdf of publish to pdf => PROBLEMWhen i import the exported eps into Coreldraw and then export it with the same pdf settings to pdf... the line is called CutContour as it should be (so thats ok but a lot of extra handles) :(
Looks like a bug to me?
sorry... did not get an mail the question was answered :(Thanks for the answer.Attached in the zip you find an corel file, pdf and correct exported epspdf messed up the colors:- CutCountour => pdf named it cutcontour : 0 25 0 0- CutContourFlexCut => pdf named it C1FlexCut
But can not upload an zip file 1Mb :(Heres a link to ithttps://dehaanreclame.nl/teststicker.zip
Very strange.The colors are spot colors, they are correctly named and everything, but as you say they get renamed when publishing to PDF with the right settings.Same thing happens when exporting from Draw 2018 so whatever it may be, it is not new.If I check the colors by double clicking a swatch in your Documentpalet, the name is correct but the color component name is wrong, or actually the same as it is after publishing to PDF.Would it be possible to try using colors from a new palette?In the attached CDR (zipped) there are two objects with your preferred spot colors created from scratch.The colors are present in the Documentpalet.Try using these instead and see what happens.It should work but it is possible that there may be some kind of conflict since you now have two sets of these colors, but give it a try.
I think I know now what has happened:When you created your spot colors you gave them other names first, before you converted the process colors to spot colors.Am I correct?I think that if you create a spot color from an already named process color, this name will be the color component when converting to spot color.If you then change the spot color name afterwards, the component name will be kept and used in some situations.So in your case, instead of having "100% CutContour", the color component name is "100% cutcontour : 0 255 0 0", and "100% ContourFlexCut" is instead "100% C1FlexCut".The "correct" way to do it is: 1. create the color, 2. give it the appropriate name, 3. convert to spot color, 4. save.I don't know why but this seems to matter.
The palettecolors you've made export right in Corel to pdf.Made those colors some time ago and dont really now how ive made them... followed a tutoriol somewhere i think... maybe i did it the wrong order you say But your solution works :) thanks a lot
Glad I could help.Good luck.