Thanks, Corel... really NOT!

So I keep getting the annoying pop-ups. FYI shove these up you're you know what Corel you are spamming me I guess you think my time, work and what I am doing is of no concern to you but it is to me. I was recording a tutorial and what do I get. Corel harassing me with pop-ups. Stop working, stop recording, shut to greedy pop-up Corel marketing junk and start over.

It seems these pop-ups are tied into the update system from what I can tell any was to uninstall that and put an end to this nonsense.

Parents
  • It seems these pop-ups are tied into the update system from what I can tell any was to uninstall that and put an end to this nonsense.

Here is something else I noticed.

I had v2017 installed on a TEST machine.  If you disconnected the internet, at the SIGN IN SCREEN, you could click SKIP and use v2017.

I downloaded the v2019 Trial for this SAME test machine.  Low and behold, even if internet disconnected, at sign in screen, there is NO SKIP button.  So you cannot use v2019 unless you sign in.

I go to use v2017 on the test machine.  The v2019 trial install changed that portion for v2017 install, so at sign in of v2017, the SKIP option was removed.  So cannot use v2017 either to sign in now after.  Fine with me as I have legit licenses for my main workstations.  But I have a test machine to run newer versions through it's paces BEFORE we decide to move to them from X7.  Case in point, v2019 which is UTTER EFFING GARBAGE.  So even though licenses purchased for that junk Corel RUINED, it (v2019) just will not be used.  If a Update 4 comes out for v2019 and makes things much better, then fine, but my confidence level for that happening is ZERO.  It may be a couple of Updates into v2020 where CorelDraw may ever get back to where it was...  but that may be the final nail in the coffin if not.

This SIGN IN stuff apparently has it's own thing going obviously for reporting home with what serial and what machine and probably all those SPAM popups.  You can also specifically tell it to NOT automatically download  UPDATES AND INSTALL THEM, but it ignores your selection and does it without notifying you.

Reply Children
No Data