Why so difficult to upgrade to the latest version?

I'm a subscriber of CorelDRAW 2019 and 244 days left.

I found Corel has released CorelDRAW 2020 this year, is Corel allows user to upgrade to 2020 from 2019?

If not, why they want to sell the version of the "subscription" to users?

If yes, why they haven't an application like Adobe's cloud desktop?

The Adobe Cloud Desktop application, users can have the latest version of the software and all updates/upgrade are automatic.

For the CorelDRAW, users are difficult to find a simple way to upgrade the software to the latest version. That will hard to compete with Adobe...

Parents Reply
  • So that system of updates is finished, offering a new system, at a lower price, rewarding the user who updates frequently: it is called "protection upgrade" and allows you to update year after year, for 149 dollars a year, and every year you receive a new version. It is not sold separately, since it is not a Subscription, it can be requested when buying the program.

Yes! Upgrade Protection is absolutely, positively, and in no way whatsoever a subscription...

...except that they use the word "subscription" to describe it, because it is a "subscription product". They also use the word "upgrade", after announcing that "Upgrades are ending".

I really, really DO understand the difference between the different options offered by Corel, so there is not need to explain it further for my sake.

I'm not confused about this, but I can understand why some users find the information provided to be confusing.

To add to the confusion, in some of their messaging, Corel is prominently using the word "upgrade" when referring to the regular Subscription. Yes, somewhere else in the information they make it clear that they are talking about the subscription, but the "big blue button" says "Upgrade". That - and the way they present it as a 45% discount from the normal price of $499 - all looks a lot like the old upgrade offers that users had been offered for years and years.

It looks very much as though the user is being offered the chance to "Upgrade" for $249, at a 45% discount from the regular price of $499.

And, yes, the arithmetic is wrong there.

Children