Disable ADS

Hi, this is something that REALLY bothers me.

When I login to Windows, even though no Corel app is running or has an entry on startup items, I get ads. ADS????? I paid almost a thousand euro to upgrade all our PCs!!!

I also get ADS when I open the app, until a month ago I had the list of most used files, now all I get is a full screen AD for the new corel.

There is any way to disable this?

Contacted support, I got told ADS are FORCED and there's no way to disable them.

Parents
  • OPTION 4: Delete the Message folder in user Corel folder and replace it with an empty text folder. 

1. Go to this folder: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Corel

2. In this user Corel folder, you will see a folder called Messages. Select and delete it.

These instructions are actually in a Knowledge Base article: https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012807447
    This will nix the ads for awhile, but eventually Corel will replace the Messages folder when updating, or if you do a repair or reinstall. 

3. To prevent the folder from being recreated, create an empty file with the same name -- not a folder, but a file. To do that, create a text file in the appdata Corel folder, right-click choose New>Text document from the context menu, and name the file Messages (also on the Home ribbon...New Item>Text document).

4. Once the text file is created, remove the .txt extension. Do that by renaming it, and deleting the extension .txt. You are simply creating an empty file called Messages. You will get a warning about the file not be usable, but that's okay.  

I have not seen one pop-up ad since doing this. I found the solution in the comments on the Knowledge Base article, which are now no longer there.

Reply Children
No Data