Convert B-Spline Curve to Polyline?

I have an active project containing lots of curves drawn using the B-Spline tool.

Unfortunately this creates a problem when I try to use the exported .svg file elsewhere - is there any way that I can convert these curves to Polylines, using the same nodes?

I ask as it seems like something that could be possible... and would same me a lot of time retracing lines!

Parents Reply Children
  • I hadn't realised that polylines weren't a specific thing, so sorry for the confusion!

In some contexts, I think that "polyline" DOES mean a specific thing - and means the thing you were originally thinking of! Confusion is understandable if the same word is being used to mean different things in different contexts.

As it happens I've managed to solve the problem - someone suggested I import the SVG of my curves into Adobe Illustrator, where there is a specific tool to convert curved segments to line segments, and then re-import into CorelDraw. It's not ideal, but it worked.

Another way you might try - especially if you didn't have Illustrator available - would be to export from CorelDRAW to HPGL format (PLT extension in the export list), then import the HPGL file back into CorelDRAW.

You could also try the same type of trick, but using DXF as the export format. You might need to specify an older format of DXF when exporting in order to get something that comes back into CorelRAW as a curve that consists entirely of line segments.