Confusion over Upgrade Protection

I apparently purchased the Upgrade Windows Protection when I upgraded to Draw2019 at the end of last year. And only now remember it because I just got charged for it again. I was about to cancel it, but wanted to be sure the program would still work. I can't remember jack about it. Searching around, my general understanding is that if I were to cancel it, the Draw version I have would just stay the version it is. The thing is, it's already the version it has been all year. Was I entitled to it being upgraded to 2020 before now? And if I don't cancel, will I be entitled to Draw2021 whenever that is available? And how am I made aware of this? Telling draw to search for updates gets nothing, I have no emails? I'm really confused on what Upgrade Protection is or is not doing? Or what I'm supposed to do with it.

I apologize if this is somehow staring me in the face, but I can't seem to find the answer. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
  • If you bought CorelDRAW 2019 late last year and also included the "Upgrade Protection" add-on you should have been entitled to a CorelDRAW 2020 upgrade. Corel should have emailed you a notice about the new version when it was released. I received such notices and those notices even included a product serial number. I think you can go to the CorelDRAW web site, log into your account there and see the product serial numbers associated with your account.

When you bought CorelDRAW 2019 how much did you pay for "Upgrade Protection" then? How much did they bill you just recently for the renewal? I'm asking the question because when I first signed up for that program it was priced at $99 per year. Corel raised their subscription price and upgrade protection price by $50 several months ago. When CorelDRAW 2021 is released I don't know if they'll want $99 or $149 from me for that upgrade. If the annual price jumps to $149 I may opt out of the upgrade protection thing completely. Corel is not accomplishing enough to justify charging these kinds of prices for that software.

Children