QUESTION: 'Show/Hide' visibility collection sets? (for different compositions)

- Similar to Photoshop 'Layer Comps': set layer visibilities; assign name to collection... repeat. Allows design variations w/i a single design file.

IMAGE:
- Two variations:
1) All elements.
2) Just bottom elements.
(Note red outline around all; and another around just the bottom.)
- So, various elements must be shown/hidden to create the desired design variation.
- Not too difficult w/ this file, but still requires time, plus is error-prone.
- Possibly a PLUG-IN, or SCRIPT?
- Have done "concerted" Web search, but to no avail 
- Surely this is a feature others would value, too.
- Hm?...
THX...

• Are you familiar with "selection groups" in CorelDRAW?

See some information about them here and here.

A selection group can include objects that are within other groups.

An object can be a member of more than one "selection group".

Selection groups can allow one to create selections that would be impossible using other normal CorelDRAW selection methods.

• - Thx, .
    - Searched CDR Help, and Web, but relevant no hits on "coreldraw conditional visibility", or "coreldraw collection".
    - Sounds like you're describing a program: script perhaps? If so, perhaps one already exists. If not, I do have programming experience.
    - Any further details, +/or links would be much appreciated. TIA.

• - Thx, .

- I was not aware of selection groups. They seem interesting, but I'm not sure they will provide the functionality I desire. Hm? Will have to play with it.

- The key requirement is to be able to set visibility of specific objects en masse. One complication is that setting visibility OFF, then ON of a group sets visibility ON for all group objects (i.e. doesn't respect original visibility settings).

- Another concern is that these selection groups are not accessible via a logical label, but merely a number. Not only is this problematic during the session in which selection groups are made, but seems it would be a problem when opening a file subsequently: Do the selection groups remain?; and, if so, how does one know what is in a given group?

- Hm?... 

• The key requirement is to be able to set visibility of specific objects en masse.

A selection group can allow one to select a collection of specific objects en masse. After selecting them, Show or Hide can be used for those objects.

One complication is that setting visibility OFF, then ON of a group sets visibility ON for all group objects (i.e. doesn't respect original visibility settings).

That is true. That would need to be considered when creating a selection group or adding to it, e.g., adding objects "individually" rather than adding a group of objects to avoid such a complication.

Another concern is that these selection groups are not accessible via a logical label, but merely a number.

I would like it if Corel would "go further" with the idea of selection groups. I agree that it would be more useful if the user could assign a logical label, i.e., be able to have "named" selection groups, and have some better user interface for working with them.

I don't know if there are any third-party macro tools for doing anything similar to this. I am not aware of any way to work with CorelDRAW's own selection groups using the API.

Not only is this problematic during the session in which selection groups are made, but seems it would be a problem when opening a file subsequently: Do the selection groups remain?

I think that selection groups are still available when a file is opened subsequently.