PDF import, major issues

Hello everyone. I started having serious issues with PDF files opening recently. Corel 2019.

If I drag the file now into corel or import in any other way, it wont open it at all, it would however open kind of a low res thumbnail of that file, not usable. Tried everything already, anyone has any ideas of how to fix this? Attaching a screenshot of that mess. I am pretty hopeless at this moment, would appreciate any help.

P.S: This 2019 version has been a disaster in every way honestly, anyone wants to buy my license lol?

Parents
No Data
  • I guess you're not on the "upgrade protection" plan? CorelDRAW 2019 was a pretty bad release. CDR 2020 fixed a few things, but there is still plenty of room for improvement.

First trouble shooting step I would take is open the PDF in Adobe Reader. If the PDF opens there successfully check the Properties tab to see what application was used to create the PDF. Depending on the host application used to generate the PDF the same application might be able to save the artwork in a format more compatible with CorelDRAW. I tend to send Adobe Illustrator-generated art (or even PDFs opened in Illustrator) over to CorelDRAW as Illustrator CS6 AI files with certain effects flattened or expanded. That usually works reasonably well.

Children