not sure why and how to permanently remove styles

Hello.  It seems my CorelDraw got 'infected' with someone elses object styles.  I don't know how this happened and how to permanently remove them.  They keep coming back even after starting a blank new document.

HELP! WITHOUT PRESSING F8.

*file attached.  rename to cdrnmyfutrwr.zip

Parents
No Data
  • It seems my CorelDraw got 'infected' with someone elses object styles.  I don't know how this happened and how to permanently remove them.  They keep coming back even after starting a blank new document.

CorelDRAW does this in a way that can be very opaque to the user.

A CorelDRAW workspace file (which is a ZIP archive) can have template files in it that are used when creating new blank documents (e.g., by using the "Create a New Document" dialog). It can have different templates there for RGB and CMYK primary color modes, so what you get depends on the primary color mode chosen when creating the document.

Those templates can include object styles and styles to control the default properties for new objects created in the document. Those styles can get into those templates when one uses "Save Settings as Default...":

If you clear out the object styles in a document, you could then use that same process to update the template in the workspace file.

I've pretty much abandoned using the "Create a New Document" dialog. When I want to create a new document, I usually do so based on a template of my choosing.

Children
No Data