Help with fusing/welding curves

Hello! I'm new to CorelDRAW. I'm working on a design I need to cut with a cutting plotter and the text is cut out this strange way.  Is there a way to fuse these letters into a single object so the plotter cuts them right? Hope you can help me, I'm about to collapse :(
Parents
  • This is a common problem with OpenType Variable fonts. Many OTF Variable fonts will have overlapping features in letter strokes. Those overlaps must be removed before sending the lettering to something like a vinyl cutter/plotter or computer-driven routing table. The plotter blade or router bit will cut where ever a path is present.

In CorelDRAW the Object>Shaping>Weld command usually does the trick immediately after a variable font text object is converted to curves. But if you break apart the text object or do other things to it removing the overlaps later is more difficult. Corel just needs to update the weld function where it works a little more like it does in Adobe Illustrator; if you have non-zero winding on an overlapping object the overlaps will fill in solid when welded. There was a handy "xtra" in Macromedia Freehand, a ''remove overlap" button on the Xtras panel. Back then the xtra was handy for removing overlaps in object line strokes that had been converted into editable paths.

Reply Children