Printable Area

Now that I am getting fairly adept at basic Corel Draw designing - I have a couple of nagging issues that I want to follow up on.

I asked this question last year. (paraphrasing) ..... Can I select on object outside the print page and print it out by using the "print selection" option in the dialogue box.

The answer I got was no.  

A lot of my preliminary artwork is in CMYK.  After I am done the final artwork is in RGB and I move it to the print page to print.

I usually select everything on the print page and hit the "print selection only" option in the dialogue box.  This seems to load the image faster and prints faster.

If I forget to hit the "print selection only" option and it defaults to the "print page" or print document" option ...  I always get  a warning in the print preview pane "your drawing has CMYK colors in it.

This is true if the printer is reading the entire workbook page - but if it can only print what is on the printable page (RGB only) - then why is it scanning the entire workspace and picking up the CMYK colors?

Or I can ask it this way - why does the coreldraw printer driver scan the entire workbook when it can only print what is on the printable page? 

The other nagging question - I can't seem to get the outline tool to default to RGB.... it always defalutls to CMYK and I have to go to the RGB color palette and right click to get the outline color to RGB.  Bugs the hell out of me so any help there is also appreciated.

dmyster

Parents
No Data
  • What printer model and make, postscript or non-postscript.

The answer you're still getting is No. On the print outside page item.

Why would you work in CMYK then convert to RGB?

If Draw says it sees a CMYK over most likely there is one somewhere. As your color device essentially prints CMYK you don't notice and printing separations won't show it as RGB is automatically converted to CMYK.

Why would you not work on a page to start with?  Draw is a drawing/page layout application, ergo it looks at the entire document, with print selection only it shouldn't but it still might because of multipage mode and keep desktop objects on layer. I never print to a driver based device,  well not never but damn rarely.  BTW 2019 is so full of bugs it's the only version of Draw since version 4 that I never implemented into my work flow or provided output service for.

You're getting CMYK dialogs because your document is operating in CMYK mode. When you start a new drawing make sure you choose RGB mode.  Evolving from version 11 and finally properly implemented with the, then new color management engine in version X5, CorelDRAW fully functions in 4 color spaces simultaneously,  RGB. CMYK, Grayscale, N color. 

With that the problem of rendering transparency in, RGB, CMYK and N color, complex blends and fills for output and display had to be resolved.  To do that it was decided to have default operating color modes and to have Draw always render for display as RGB then properly render colors in output in a native (as designed in application) method.

Part of this was a properly implemented document color mode, if you choose RGB and if the application is operating properly all color dialogs when selected should default to RGB. If CMYK mode all color dialogs should default to CMYK, the only issue being that in CMYK mode you need to have color proofing turned on because of as mentioned before the Draw rendering for display . The best choice for proofing CMYK will be the document CMYK profile. This will, allow the display to best render effects color properly.

Children