Default Font Not Sticking

I can't get my default font to stick.

I use Calibri as my default font, but now Raleigh Md BT over-rides the default setting.

I change the font to Calibri, select "Save Settings as Default". But when I select the text tool, it reverts to Raleigh.

When I try to use the "Change Document Default" dialog, it doesn't allow me to use Calibri, or ANY other font. It always goes back to Raleigh Md BT.

Really odd behavior. Any clues???

ADDED:  I un-installed Raleigh fonts and rebooted. Now I'm getting the same "over-ride" behavior, but this time from Ariel font. And the Ariel font continually defaults to Uniform Fill so that the letters are entirely black squares, no letters just black squares. No matter what I do to try to make a different default font (Calibri, Swiss, etc), Corel rejects it and forces me to use Ariel with all-black uniform fill.

Parents
No Data
  • You can use the Style docker to see - and to change for the current document - and to set as default for new documents - the properties that are used when new objects are created.

See this thread for a description with some screenshots.

Now, their may be something else weird going on, but I would check there first.

The default Character properties for Artistic text and Paragraph text are independent of each other, and that comes into play with what you see when the Text tool is active.

When the Text tool is active, and you haven't created a text shape yet, the Property bar will show the font, font size etc. that are the defaults for Paragraph text. If you single-click to create a Paragraph text shape, then the Property bar will show the font, font size, etc. that are the defaults for Artistic text.

Children
No Data