Abysmal speed when using symbol libraries

Hi folks,

We have recently upgraded to Coreldraw 2020 and I'm having a horrendous time with some files we've been using for years.

Our workflow has us using basic templates across a few different product lines where there are shared components.  We keep these components in a symbol library that we can bring into our drawing when needed.

Unfortunately this seems to have an adverse effect on our systems as now when I try to import or paste anything from a separate file it can take 10 to 20 minutes for an import to complete, locking up Coreldraw until the process is done.

This includes trying to paste in a non-symbolic piece of artistic text with 5 words.

I found that un-linking the symbols from the library seems to help the issue, but even using a script to un-link 22 symbols from the library results in something like 7 hours of processing time.

For the time being I'm going to make un-linked versions of our templates but this is a very large time-sink to fix a problem that wasn't there in Coreldraw X8.

Does anyone have suggestions to improve this?