Corel2020 vs 2018 - incomprehensible change of interface.

The rather important Object Manager docker(at least for me) until v2018 was, I think, perfect.

This cannot be said in v2020, where the information is incomprehensibly displayed only after hovering the mouse, then disappears. But the worst thing is that in v2020 it is not possible to select the display mode of current page+layers only, not the objects, which I don't need to see always? I hope I explain it clearly, the one who deals with it knows what I'm talking about. Probably Corel have a reason for that, but for me it is a fundamental inapplicability of the 2020 version.

What about the experts present here?

v2018:

v2020:

Parents
No Data
  • Unfortunately, there is no way to show layers only in 2020, like there was in 2018.
    There are however a couple of things you can do to make it a little better, if you don't want to see the objects.

First of all, select the Layers and Objects mode (which you seem to have already).
    Then, uncheck "Expand to Show Selection" from the docker menu in upper right corner.

These two will hide all objects in the docker and keep the layer closed as you select an object.

Tip: You can access the object part by clicking the arrow next to the layer name, as you already know of course, but did you know that Ctrl+clicking this arrow will expand the whole tree structure?
    And if you Ctrl+click an expanded layer it will collapse the layer tree, as expected, but then, the next time you click (without pressing Ctrl) it will open the top level only.

Play with it, I think you may find it useful.

Children