Eager for 2021 - with good stuff

i want these things 

1) refined Brushes 

2) distort tools work even on mesh fills 

3) gradient palette

4) Random apply to all uniform, graident, .............etc as well as transparency all types 

5) hide all bitmaps at once so that work can be done at ease without heavy use of ram

Parents
  • As a couple of others have already said, Corel really needs to eradicate bugs and improve overall performance. Given the sheer lack of updates the past two versions of CorelDRAW have received I can't help but wonder if the owners of Corel have stripped the development team of personnel and resources just to keep the application properly maintained, much less add new improvements.

I got billed yesterday for my "upgrade protection" subscription. Thankfully the price stayed at $99, rather than jump to the $150 those who buy full perpetual license versions have to pay now to add the upgrade protection option. So there's that.

Regarding new "wish list" features, what I want most is improvements to the vector object and editing tool set. For example, the Bezier tool in CorelDRAW kind of stinks compared to what is available in rival applications, due to an incomplete set of keyboard shortcuts for modifying paths while they're being drawn. Combine that with the very antiquated methods available for zooming in/out and hand-panning the view. It makes tasks such as manually digitizing clean paths over the top of scanned sketch artwork a more cumbersome process. I can do such tasks faster in Adobe Illustrator because I am not having to jump back and forth to tool bars so much. The very best Pen/Bezier tool on the market: Astute Graphics' InkScribe tool, which is part of the InkScribe plug-in for Adobe Illustrator. Nothing comes close to how great that tool works.

I wonder how much "opposition research" Corel's developers are able to do. They really do need to keep an eye on what their rivals are offering. Not just Adobe and the companies making plugins for their applications either. Heck, there are vector object drawing ideas they can mimic from niche applications like FontLab Studio.

Regarding brushes, I would like to see CorelDRAW have vector-based line stroke brushes that work like they do in Adobe Illustrator and even be compatible with Illustrator artwork on the import/export side. It would be an even bigger bonus if both art brush and pattern brushes were fully covered.

Reply Children