Has anyone here tried running CorelDraw 2020 via Parallels Mac on an M1 Mac?

TL;DR: Has anyone here tried running CorelDraw 2020 via Parallels Mac on an M1 Mac?

So my 10-year-old PC is getting a bit long in the tooth and I'm seriously considering getting an M1 Mac Mini.

My only issue is that I do not see the point in getting a CorelDraw subscription when CorelDraw 2020 perfectly suits my vector illustration and branding - which is quite minimalist in style.

Also kinda stupid is just because I'm switching operating systems Corel now believes that I should be spending a poop-ton of money on a new licence for software which I already own the non-subscription version of is... (Well that turned into an unexpected mini-rant) 

Maybe getting a PC will solve my non-issue. But I spend a great deal of time illustrating on my iPad (read: I'm slowly getting swallowed into that walled garden) and really prefer Corel to the other guys. I do have Affinity licences for Mac; but CorelDraw is just a smidgen better than Affinity Designer for me to make the final leap.

Parents
No Data
  • Multi-platform use is another needlessly stupid deficiency built into the licensing of CorelDRAW. And it puts Corel at a competitive disadvantage with its rivals.

First, I think $249 per year for a CorelDRAW subscription is simply too high a price. The customer is getting only two actual applications, CorelDRAW and PhotoPaint. The font manager is only a utility. The collection of clip art and fonts in CorelDRAW is very stale. IMHO, Corel needs to lower the subscription price to something like $99 or $149 per year and not confine the license to a single platform.

The overall price of Adobe Creative Cloud is pretty expensive; however, the customer gets a LOT of full blown applications and other valuable add-ons, such as the Adobe Fonts service (which is worth a lot on its own). When it comes down to cost per application the customer is paying a lot less per app with Creative Cloud when compared to the CorelDRAW "suite."

Adobe does not confine CC customers to a specific platform. It's even possible to mix platforms. They allow 2 installations per license, so it's possible to install one copy on something like a desktop Windows PC and the second copy on a MacBook Pro. On top of that, the iPad-based applications don't count against a customer's installation limit. So it's actually possible have three copies of Illustrator or Photoshop running under the same license.

I can't add anything about CorelDRAW performance on M1-based Macs. But the new CPU architecture adds yet another burden onto the CorelDRAW development team. They'll have to develop two different Mac versions of CorelDRAW. They can't simply "sunset" the Intel code base immediately, not without cutting off a lot of existing users of Intel-based Macs. OTOH, it is imperative they develop a native M1-based version.

Children