CQL position comparison with a negative value

Hi folks,

I have been working on a bit of CQL to get the inner border of a drawing that was exported from CAD (so everything is a series of individual line shapes).

The way our drawings are set up the origin (0, 0) is near the centre of the drawing.  In this case, the left-most edge of the drawing page is at -12.5 inches.

I want to set my query to create a shaperange of the items that are to the right of this edge.  There are some marks on the left-most edge of the drawing that I wanted to avoid, so I put together the following statement:

dim borderRange as ShapeRange Set borderRange = ActiveDocument.ActivePage.Shapes.FindShapes(Query:="@com.layer.name = '9' & @centerX > {-12.2 in} & @type= 'curve'")

And VBA throws an error "Error parsing query: Unit numeric value expected at position 37"

So from what I've figured out, this error is created by having a negative value (-12.2).  If I change this to any number that is zero or higher the query works (but obviously doesn't capture what I need).

Is there a way to represent a negative number in this query, or am I going about this in the wrong way?