How to scale with perfect shape?

I have take a rectangle and rounded the corners. Then i added a hairline with thickness. When i stretch the rectangle the hairline get distorted. (As shown in the above video)

I tried to fix the issue going in the outline option stretch to 100 and it works but later when i tried to add countor. As i noticed that the top and bottom match but the right and left not match with the top and bottom thickness. Any suggestion or help how to fix. Thanks

Parents
  • The reason your outline get stretched, is because you have enabled "Scale with object".
    Being able to create a calligraphic outline like this is a feature in Draw, and it is working as designed.

But for some mysterious reason, this "calligraphic effect" seems to be remembered and applied to the contour object, even though you have reset the outline for the Control Object to 100%.
    This may very well be a bug but no matter what, I suggest you avoid using "Scale with Object" unless it is absolutely necessary.

• But for some mysterious reason, this "calligraphic effect" seems to be remembered and applied to the contour object, even though you have reset the outline for the Control Object to 100%.

I agree with you that this might be a subtle bug. I have seen other cases where different parts of the CorelDRAW user interface show different properties for an object (e.g., one part of the UI shows that an object outline is 3 mm and red, but another part of the UI shows that the same object outline is 7 mm and blue).

Those outline properties are stored in two different places with an object, and it's possible to get them to "disagree". I found that when I was working with outlines using a VBA macro.

This may very well be a bug but no matter what, I suggest you avoid using "Scale with Object" unless it is absolutely necessary.

For me, "Scale with Object" is useful if I am scaling content proportionately, i.e., not stretching anything asymmetrically.

Children