Font changing weights

When trying to use an installed font - Verbatim - with the Regular weight, it is displaying & functioning (printing, publishing to PDF, etc.) as Verbatim Extra-Light. It's so weird because it shows correctly in the font list dropdown, but not when I'm actually using it. I know it's not the font itself because, one, I received it directly from the man who designed it and, two, because it works 100% correctly in Illustrator. It also displays correctly in my font folder in Windows. I've never encountered anything like this before where a font works correctly in Illustrator but not in CorelDRAW. 

Any ideas as to how this can be resolved or do I need to switch to Illustrator for just this project (which will be a royal thorn in my ***)?

Parents
No Data
  • If the issue is like what I have experienced with a number of different type families the only solution is to fire up Adobe Illustrator and to complete the project there. Further, CorelDRAW usually must be closed as well because the font bugs are affecting the entire OS. The application literally causes fonts to disappear from other applications (such as Illustrator) when it is running.

I have several type families where certain weights of the type family refuse to display properly in CorelDRAW. All the italic weights of the Factoria typeface (synced from Adobe Fonts) appear upright. None of the italic weights actually load. All the bold upright weights of the Vito super family (from Dots and Stripes Type) show up as italic. Vito works properly in Adobe Illustrator, but only if CorelDRAW is NOT running; some of the weights disappear otherwise. I've seen the same errors with a few other type families. This bug is real because I have duplicated it on multiple computers, even a brand new Alienware 17" notebook.

These font bugs have persisted FOR YEARS and still remain UNFIXED.

Children
No Data